Here's my latest quilt finish. This top went together really fast. I pulled the string pieced triangle and square units from my basket of pre-made string parts, and found they fit together perfectly. I played around with the positioning of the pieces and finally decided on the pinwheel effect.
The background is quilted with feathers. I made a template for the spine of the feather and marked it in each section. The feather lobes were stitched free-form to fill the space around the spine.
That red print with the yellow apples in the photo below was left over from a blouse I made back in 1975, and it might be the last little bit of that fabric that I had. I left it un-quilted.
This border print worked great as as a backing fabric.
My photo helpers had a bit of fun during the photo shoot.
This short wall behind our barn has always been a favorite place for climbing and jumping.
The finished size of this quilt is 60" by 84".
This quilt and others from my book, Every Last Piece, will be hanging in a special exhibit of my work at the STITCHES midwest show in Schaumburg, IL, August 2-5.